Updated: Jan 30, 2020
Monday December 2nd: Vocabulary Quiz; Family Tree Project (Follow Rubric) See below
Monday December 9th: Vocabulary Quiz; "How-to" Paper Due.
Monday December 2nd: Vocabulary Quiz; Advantages and Disadvantages Paper
Monday December 9th: Vocabulary Quiz
Monday December 2nd: Vocabulary Quiz; Family Project Due (Follow Rubric) SEE BELOW
Monday December 9th: Vocabulary Quiz; Cause ad Effect Paper Due. Select your own Cause and Effect topic. Follow Instructions from the book - Chapter 3; page 104.
* "Young Goodman Brown" Essay Question Due on December 2nd.
* Informative Essay Due on December 3rd.
* Informative Speech Due on December 9th.
11/12th grades: December 2-6
GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY WEEK:
The Sentences and Its Parts;
Phrases; Part 1
Phrases Part 2.
Using Word Origins
Analyzing Word Parts - Roots
Precision in Language; Denotations and Connotations
********RUBRICS FOR FAMILY TREE PROJECT - 6TH AND 8TH GRADES**********
POWER POINT OR BOARD (YOUR CHOICE)
SIBLINGS CAN WORK TOGETHER
YOUR PROJECT MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
* PICTURES, MAPS, VISUALS!!
* DATES AND PLACES WHERE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WERE BORN.
* WHEN DID YOUR FAMILY COME TO AMERICA? IF YOU DON'T KNOW, THEN, WHEN AND WHERE DID THEY COME FROM IN THE STATES?
* WHAT ARE SOME OF THE VALUES, TRADITIONS, STORIES THAT YOUR FAMILY HAS TAUGHT YOU?
* HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE FAMILY?